- 1 cup Bulgur
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- Soak the chickpeas overnight, they need to be softened before they boil and this will help them be more digestible as well.
- Pour one cup of Bulgur to a glass bowl and add 2 cups of boiling water and let the Bulgur grains absorb the water for about 12-15 minutes. After that if there is still some water left drain it.
- Boil the chickpeas, bring the water to boil then reduce the heat slightly and simmer for about 30-40 minutes for softer beans.
- Cook the broccoli, bring the water to a simmer over medium-high heat, add the florets and steam for about 4-5 minutes until tender. Once the broccoli is ready, rinse with cold water and cut it in smaller pieces.
- Saute the onions and red bell peppers for about 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and it’s ready! (For dressing I added olive oil, vinegar and a pinch of pink salt)
Spinach Broccoli Salad
- Grape Tomatoes
(The quantity of each ingredient will be up to your preference. You can never eat too many greens)
- Place the spinach on the plate.
- Place the cooked or raw broccoli (up to your preference) and grape tomatoes on top of the spinach.
- Last but not least sprinkle the onions on top of everything and enjoy!
Broccoli Beet Salad
- 3 whole fresh beets
- 1 broccoli bunch
- 1/2 medium onion
- Boil the beets until they become soft.
- Boil the broccoli until it becomes soft as well.
- Cut the 1/2 onion in slices or chop it if you prefer.
- Once both the beets and broccoli are cooked, cut them in slices or pieces, place all in a glass bowl and enjoy. (I have added a bit of olive oil, vinegar and a pinch of pink salt as well)